According to The Express, Hamburg midfielder Hakan Calhanoglu has been attracting interest from major Premier League outfits this season. The teenage Turkish international is hot on the radars of Premier League table toppers Arsenal and Champions League chasing Liverpool.
The midfielder has been compared to the Gunner’s star acquisition Mesut Ozil because of his creative style of play.
The Express also mentions Wenger may have a difficult task on his hands in attempting to sign the Hamburg sensation as Calhanoglu’s agent, Demirtas, has declared his client is happy in Germany. However, the Turkish international has made it publicly known that he would dream of a move abroad by saying:
My goal is to play at Hamburg and eventually join a club in England or Spain in the future.
With the chase now hotting up for the midfielder’s signature, who exactly is Hakan Calhanoglu?
- Hakan Calhanoglu, originally born in Germany, actually plays for the Turkish national side.
- The Hamburg SV teenager plays as a midfielder, preferably on the left side in an attacking role.
- The Turkish international made his professional debut for Karlsruher SC in 2011 before signing for Hamburg SV in the summer of 2012.
- Calhanoglu possesses various strengths in his game which teams like Arsenal and Liverpool admire him for. These include long shots, direct free-kicks, set pieces, crossing and passing.
- The 19 year old midfield maestro has scored 4 goals in 14 appearances for the Germany outfit so far this season and if he continues such impressive performances, the midfielder will live up to the standards of the player he has been compared to, Mesut Ozil.
Whilst the future remains unclear for Hamburg’s young Turkish prospect, one thing is for certain, whatever club Calhanoglu winds up playing for will benefit tremendously.